Different backup schedule for different directories

We have a storage server we want to backup with urbackup. It is on linux. WE would like to backup /var/ and /etc/ but only during a full backup and ignore it for incrementals.

Is this possible? if not is it possible to have /etc/ and /var/ only back up once evyer 2 weeks rather than every day like the main file directory?

Thanks!

Differential may accomplish something similar; I don’t know if CBT does what you are wanting, but it may be something to look into.

Currently, as far as I know, there’s not an easy way to do these kinds of backups. You can make your client respond to two servers, and have one backup everything but /var/ and /etc/ and the other only backup those two directories once every 336 hours.

The only other possible idea I have (and I don’t even know if this will work) is to abuse the group and client settings. Meaning, use group to do your incremental settings and then make a client setting that will perform full backups of just those two directories. I don’t know if you can abuse them this way, but it would be something to try.

look for virtual sub client

make a subclient for /var /etc, so u can use a different schedulle

orogor

thank you this works.

regards,
alex