Decompress VHDZ on Linux Server

Hi,

I’m trying to decompress a VHDZ image, and following the documentation and built-in help, I construct the following command:

//urbackupsrv decompress-file -f //.vhdz

I am not specifying the user, as it appears this is optional. When I run the above command, I get back the following response:

ERROR: Error opening output file “//.vhdz”

At its face, this makes sense seeing how this is also my input file, and I’m assuming I don’t want to overwrite it in the process. Running,

urbackupsrv decompress-file --help

provides me with all available options, and I don’t see a way to specify the output file, so I’m curious about whether I’m missing some additional/undocumented parameters to obtain the end result. Thinking that the ‘-f’ parameter is used to specify the output file, I have also tried “-f //.vhd”, but this ends up telling me the file doesn’t exist, which is true. Please advise.

urbackup is compiled from source (2.4.12) using the --prefix and --with-mountvhd options on openSUSE Leap 15.1; All other functionality appears to be working without incident.

Hello sir,

You can change some parameters (-f to --file) of the command:

urbackupsrv decompress-file --file NAMEHERE.vhdz following image bellow:

I tried here with success.

But I sugest mount VHDZ image if you need dowload any archive.

You can mount the image follow the command bellow:
urbackupsrv mount-vhd --file /media/backup/urbackup/testclient/\Image_C_140420-1956.vhdz --mountpoint /media/testclient_C

Administration Manual