Constructing of filelist of "com123" failed: ERR


#1

Hi,
i have got an actual ubuntu VM with Server 2.1.20.
Only the ubuntu vm have got big problems and im not be able to fix it.

Always the same problem:
14.12.17 08:31 DEBUG com123: Waiting for filelist
14.12.17 08:31 ERROR Constructing of filelist of “com123” failed: ERR
14.12.17 08:31 ERROR Backup had an early error. Deleting partial backup.

What can i do?
Its a complete new virtual machine.
Which informations u need? What i have to do for a great debug log for u?

Please help me :frowning:


#2

Same behaviour for me for a linux client on a raspberry … is there any hint for a possible reason or solution yet?


#3

same issue with linux client 2.2.6 and server 2.2.11
anybody managed to make backup work after such error?


#4

starting backup from client:

urbackupclientctl start -i
Waiting for server to start backup... done
Timeout while waiting for server to start backup

i have following at backupserver log file:

2018-09-20 12:46:51: Channel message: START BACKUP INCR
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Resetting channel to <> because session identity changed.
2018-09-20 12:46:51: msg=START BACKUP INCR
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Starting unscheduled incremental file backup...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Connecting for filelist...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Waiting for filelist
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Connecting for filelist (async)...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Backing up "root" without snapshot.
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Indexing of "root" done. 1 filesystem lookups 0 db lookups and 0 db updates
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Doing backup with hashed transfer...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Connecting to client...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Loading file list...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Flushing FileClient...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Starting incremental backup...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Calculating file tree differences...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Flushing FileClient...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Flushing FileClient...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Calculating tree difference size...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: : Linking unchanged and loading new files...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Waiting for file transfers...
2018-09-20 12:46:51: Referencing snapshot on "" for path "root" failed: FAILED
2018-09-20 12:46:52: Waiting for file hashing and copying threads...
2018-09-20 12:46:52: Server timeout (2) in FileClient
2018-09-20 12:46:52: Reconnected successfully,
2018-09-20 12:46:52: Flushing FileClient...
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Writing new file list...
2018-09-20 12:46:53: All metadata was present
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Syncing file system...
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Creating symbolic links. -1
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Creating symbolic links. -2
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Symbolic links created.
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Transferred 4.32617 KB - Average speed: 166.384 KBit/s
2018-09-20 12:46:53: Script does not exist urbackup/post_incr_filebackup
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Time taken for backing up client : 10s
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Backup succeeded
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Updating statistics...
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Updating image stats...
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Updating file statistics...
2018-09-20 12:47:01: Done updating statistics.
2018-09-20 12:47:02: msg=WAKEUP

#5

So I got this error when session_idents.txt is deleted and the client restarted while the server still thinks it is the same client. For example when installing the client in a Docker container and then rebuilding the Docker container.

2.2.x detects handles this error by generating a new session. This works only for file backups currently. So the first file backup would fail and then the next one would work… is this what’s happening?


#6

i have following output every time i run urbackupclientctl start -i or urbackupclientctl start -f :

Waiting for server to start backup... done
Timeout while waiting for server to start backup

and at client’s log file i have:

2018-09-20 11:35:27: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:27: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:28: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:28: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:29: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:29: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:30: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:30: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:31: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:31: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:32: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:32: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:33: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:33: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:35:34: ClientService cmd: STATUS DETAIL#pw=CKBQiFYHUfmku9nTyoMkjciQtpTp9L
2018-09-20 11:35:34: rc=0 hasError=true state=0
2018-09-20 11:36:26: ClientService cmd: PONG
2018-09-20 11:37:26: ClientService cmd: PONG