Configure the folders to be copied

Hello,

I am totally new with this application, I downloaded it a couple of days ago and I have been doing some tests, but I have many doubts and things I do not understand.

My interest in the application is to make remote backups of some folders (user data, SQL databases, etc.) from my company’s server to an external location, to have it saved, and to allow incremental backups with a history of a week so that the size is not too excessive.

So far I was using Logmein Backup, but it is giving me a lot of malfunctions, they no longer support it and I do not think they even sell it, so I’m trying to get another solution that works.

The first thing I do not understand in this application is how I can tell you which folders I want to copy. I installed the server, I installed the client, I was able to add that client to the server and once it was added, it started to perform the backup without me having indicated anything, and from what I thought, I was trying to make a backup of all files on the client computer’s hard disk.

I have disabled on the server the option to copy images, as it does not seem useful in my case. I am interested in copying specific folders, nothing more.

Looking at the client program, there is an option to add folders, but it seems to me that all you do is add that folder to the full backup of the hard drive, but it will also make me a backup of the entire disk.

I do not know, I have not seen how to configure that, to see if you can help me.

Thank you