Configuration of UrBackup server when running on a ASUSTOR NAS

Hi Folks,

My ASUSTOR NAS has four disks – /volume{1…4}. I have configured four CIFS shares /d{0…3}. that are externally mountable, where /d0 → /volume1, … I have created a local user “UrBackup”. /d3 is a top-level folder and there is apparently no “owner”, but “OGU” each have “RW” access to /d3 and below.

I am configuring one client, for now, and I want his backups to be stored on /d3, which is set on the “Settings” page. On the “Status” page, the “Client Detail” listing says, “No paths to backup configured” and I have the corresponding error message:

The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in 'Settings' or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory. (err_folder_not_found). No such file or directory (code: 2)

Detailed error info:

Can access /
Cannot access /d3. No such file or directory (code: 2)

Since “/” is apparently accessible, let’s try that:

The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory. (err_cannot_create_subdir). Permission denied (code: 13)

No dice.

I have added a username “UrBackup” and I given that user “admin” permissions on “/d3”, and I still have the message. Apparently I don’t understand how UrBackup addresses components of ASUSTOR, or I don’t understand usernames/permissions. And I clearly don’t understand the context of UrBackup as an ASUSTOR application.

All of this ajita is in the name of configuring different clients to have different backup locations, so maybe I am going about that the wrong way. I don’t see how the “backup storage path” can be qualified by the client, and I have at least four more clients.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks for the help,

Chris.

Ciao Chris,
anche io ho lo stesso problema…tu hai risolto?
Grazie
Franco