Compiling Urbackup Client from source

Hi,

Urbackup is amazing and it works impressively for me so far!

However, I am currently experiencing some issues compiling / building the client version.

I am trying to compile the client based on the instructions found in this link: https://urbackup.atlassian.net/wiki/display/UC/Compiling+UrBackup+Client+for+Windows.

It comes with a backend and frontend-wx. I managed to compile frontend-wx code using VS2013 and it produced an executable UrBackupClientGUI.exe.

However, whenever I tried to run the program, it says:

Failed to load icon from the file ‘backup-ok.ico’ (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
Failed to load icon from the file ‘backup-bad.ico’ (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

Is it necessary for me to compile and build the backend code (I thought this is for the server) too? How do I link the backend to frontend-wx? I can’t seem to find much information on this though.

Thanks!

You may need to set the ico manually as embedded / resource in VS 2013 so that they are copied to the compiled folder.

Just to add:

Building the code from frontend-wx only produces a single .exe file, which seems odd. I am also unable to run the program normally and the log window cannot be opened too.

How can I set the default language when compiling? The program now runs in German by default.