Client online: "No"

Hi all - my first post as I am a newbie user.

I have a set of raspberry pi servers which I am looking to secure. I have installed the URBackup server on one pi and the others are all clients.

All of my clients except one are working fine.

One client (which is my firewall) shows “Client online” “No”. If I disable all firewall rules the status changes to “yes”.

My firewall ruleset already includes the following:statements (more than I need):

UrBackup Connections

iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p tcp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35621 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p udp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35621 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p tcp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35622 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p udp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35622 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p tcp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35623 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -i $LAN -p udp -s $LAN_SUBNET -d $PIWALL_LAN --dport 35623 -j ACCEPT

If I clear my firewall rules (client comes online) and then start a backup it works fine. If I re-enable the firewall whilst a backup is running the backup completes successfully, then the client is marked as “online” “No” again.

So I think I am missing a port in my firewall config - whichever port URBackup uses to detect the online/offline status.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Dean

Try adding port 55415 as per Internet Clients in the manual

Hi Mahomed

Thanks for the suggestion. I added that port on both udp and tcp. No change in behaviour, unfortunately.

Cheers
Dean

You may have to wait for uroni or someone else. But you could maybe allow all to/from the backup server.

Alternatively, looks like the full list of ports is in the documentation after all https://www.urbackup.org/administration_manual.html#x1-9000010.3

Otherwise remove all the firewall rules, and run tcpdump to see what ports are being hit and then allow those in your rules.

Hello Everyone,

I am faced with a same/similar situation.

One Windows Client is shown on the backup server webpage with the “Online” status as “No”. The client is running ver 2.4.11 and its Status window displays “Idle” and “Internet connection status: Connected to Internet server”.

The backup server is running ver 2.4.13 and all suggested ports are open (55413, 55414, and 55415) on my router.

For the reference, all clients on the local network are working fine.

Can someone help and guide me to figure out what can I do to cause the client status to change to “Yes” and do the backups?

Thank you,
Laurentiu