Client issues: client name + server client settings

Hi all, I’m using urbackup in a small business environment and in general it’s working great but I feel like I’m missing something with regard to the windows client specifically. I configured default client file backup settings on the server (backup paths, time windows, etc.), but they don’t seem to get applied to the clients when I install them. For example, one experimental client I deployed with no file backup paths specified on the client software still says “no paths to backup configured”. On every other client I manually specified the backup paths when I installed the client and they’re working fine. I would expect these settings to get pushed to the clients, is that not the case?

Also (and this definitely feels like operator error) when I create a new client on the server, I don’t get a client download link for that specific client. What I’ve been doing is downloading the windows client for another established client, then changing the client name as soon as I install the client. Where can I find some documentation or information on how to properly add new clients to be discovered in such a way that I can also get a correct client download link?

1 Like

I also have the issue, (downloading an existing client and installing client without specifying backup path… I got it to work after configuring the server side again…but the downloaded agent file did not configure the backup paths.

Sorry you are having issues. To solve the problem the client (debug) log would be useful.
If possible, could you post it or send it?

This post describes how to change the client to debug logging, where it is stored and where to send it to if posting is not possible: Having problems with UrBackup? Please read before posting

Thanks!

1 Like