Client is not behaving as expected on Internet mode

Good day all.
I’m hoping someone can provide some insight into the issue I’m facing.
I’m running Urbackup server 2.5.32 in docker on a named bridge network.
I have client 2.5.25 installed on Windows 11, which I downloaded from the server.
The intent is to use the internet mode to perform backups. I have read through the forums and I’m confused as to what I have configured wrong, as I can’t get the client to connect to the server. The server and client are physically removed from each other, so I can’t connect the client locally and then switch to internet mode.
My understanding based on the forums is, when using the WS or WSS connection, it connects to port 55414. I have tried using HAProxy as well as Nginx as the reverse proxy server. I can reach the web interface and have activated the internet function.
The server URL is set to ws://backup.mydomain.com/socket the connect via proxy is set to http://backup.mydomain.com. I restarted the Docker container, to ensure the settings are activated. I plan to run two Urbackup docker containers, one for our business and the other for personal backups.
When using Postman to make a WS connection, I get a 500 error, stating that the Urbackup protocol is not supported, I understand that to imply the server connected successfully and if it was the client that connected, it would use the urbackup protocol through the socket.
On the client PC I used the enable_internet_only.bat file to configure the extra_args.txt, but it shows server not found in the status. With Wireshark I can see the client sending a request to the server, the part that confuses me, is the request sent by the client. The request is CONNECT ws://backup.mydomain.com/socket:55415, this is sent to port 80 on the server, which results in a bad request response. My understanding is that it should not try to make a CONNECT request, but a GET request and also not append :55415. I have compiled Nginx with the ngx_proxy_connect package, to see if that makes any difference. I don’t get an error, but still can’t get it to connect. I have not set any directories to backup on the client, as I want the server to push the settings to the client and disabled the option for clients to make changes to the paths.
Is there some additional parameter I need to set in the args.txt file? Does the ws still require the CONNECT method?
Any insight that can point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

ws:// is port 80 wss:// port 443 as usual if you don’t specify a port.

Don’t specify a http proxy. If you specify one it will connect to that proxy and then use CONNECT to connect to the server. Also it might not work with websockets currently.

Thank you very much @uroni.
That solved the problem.