Client install fails on Raspberry Pi 5 (64 bit Raspberry Pi OS / Debian 12 bookworm)

This is the output of the installation attempt:

Verifying archive integrity… All good.
Uncompressing UrBackup Client Installer for Linux 100%
Installation of UrBackup Client 2.5.25 to /usr/local … Proceed ? [Y/n]
Y
Uncompressing install data…
Detected Debian (derivative) system
Detected systemd
Detected architecture aarch64-linux-android
Aborted
Error running executable on this system (aarch64). Stopping installation.

A search of the forums + google gives some ideas, but none have worked out for me so far. This issue on the dietPi forums looked promising, but I think this issue has already been fixed.

Other than trying to build from source, any suggestions?

I have the server and clients on 3 other devices working well – including another arm64 device.
Thank you!

i too am having the same issue trying to install client, running raspbian, bookworm 64bit:

root@raspberrypi:~# TF=mktemp && wget “http://192.168.1.150:55414/x?a=download_client&lang=en&clientid=17&authkey=nnnnnnnnn=linux” -O $TF && sudo sh $TF; rm -f $TF
–2024-02-17 17:12:11-- http://192.168.1.150:55414/x?a=download_client&lang=en&clientid=17&authkey=nnnnnnnn&os=linux
Connecting to 192.168.1.150:55414… connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response… 200 ok
Length: 26175201 (25M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘/tmp/tmp.nnnnnnnn’

/tmp/tmp.nnnnnnnnn 100%[===================>] 24.96M 1.23MB/s in 24s

2024-02-17 17:12:36 (1.04 MB/s) - ‘/tmp/tmp.nnnnnnnnn’ saved [26175201/26175201]

Verifying archive integrity… All good.
Uncompressing UrBackup Client Installer for Linux 100%
Installation of UrBackup Client 2.5.25 to /usr/local … Proceed ? [Y/n]
y
Uncompressing install data…
Detected Debian (derivative) system
Detected systemd
Detected architecture aarch64-linux-android
Aborted
Error running executable on this system (aarch64). Stopping installation.
looked for direction to build client didnt really find anything, did find options to build server not client

go here download client tar(urbackup-client-2.5.25.tar.gz), Index of /Client/latest/
i used winscp…you could use wget

then go here UrBackup - Install UrBackup server from sources you will do similar process
extract to directory
run./configure ( it will fail but indicate that you need to use a switch to skip missing item or yo can install missing item, i just ignoree and added switches)
then run make install
after it completes do the steps to setup the systemd file
copy urbackupclientbackend-debian.service from where you extracted tar, to etc\systemd\system (you can rename this i used urbackup.service)
run systemctl enable urbackup.service
systemctl start urbackup-server

not sure if this is needbut i created , /var/ lib/ urbackup/ server_ident.key and added server ket found after clicking add client…

next run to add authorization key urbackupclientctl set-settings --name “raspberryphoto” --authkey “yourkeyhere”

restart service then add folder you wish to back up