Client feature request

Hi,

I will sugest some features to client, or may be can apply to server:

1. when installing client, want to put the client name before connect to server.
    or in the server interface, change the name to the client.

2. at folder selection i can select folders from user profiles, but when a PC have 2 or more profiles, at backup sever folder shows something this: Documents and Documents_0 and i dont know what folder belongs to wich user, is there any way to identify with user name or parent folder ?

Thank you

1 Like

I could offer you a Workaround

1. The Client uses the Computername, and that should be unique in your Network. If you’re in need to change the name in order to operate, you should reconsider the Network setup. (Besides that a Network with multiple same Names cause huge Problems sooner or later)
    If that isnt the case, why do you want to change the name?

2. you could set the Default-Path to “C:\Users” and the include “Included files (with wildcards)” to something like “Documents*”
    Then you’d get a Folder hierarchy like this “+PC-Name+\Users\ +UserName+\Documents\ +files+”
    Maybe you have to set “Excluded files” to " * ", but i’m not sure - try it out.

I hope i could help you a bit out :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer,

1. i have 20 Computers, but every 60 days a new user is asigned to the PC and the older one is deleted, i need control of the Backup of every user. is not useful for me delete and create new folder to create on the client, i need identify every person on the dashboard.

2. i will try doing your sugested solution.

Thanks again