Client Connection issue

Hello Team,

I have install urbackup server edition. and when I am adding my internet clients. its not connecting.

My all servers are online and on diff locations.

Server :- ubuntu
Client :- centos
I have tried on 2-3 vps client. but not connecting. so can you please help to solve.

Please clarify the steps you have taken to try to add the remote systems to the backup server…

If you add them before there are shipped out, then it will automagically pick up the settings when it creates the account/profile while on the same subnet, which should include the internet settings…

Have been able to add clients without being on the same subnet using the DNS of the backup server, but you will also need to confirm that the firewall is set to allow (and redirect) the inbound traffic, so it hits the system…this requires TCP ports :55414 for the web interface [if required] and :55415 for the data transfer…

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, My all servers are on inernet. so when i have added client then it give me automatic script, which I installed on client side.
http://0.0.0.0:55414/

this is my server and I have added client 0.0.0.0. so you can see and check

Not sure if you meant they are on the internet, or something else…but I was referring to is: how does a client communicate with/to the server…?

Might be worth checking on one of the clients using TELNET 55414 and repeat with 55415 too, or at least that’s the Windows command - am not enough of a Linux guy to know what the equivalent command is, but testing whether the port is getting through or not…

• If your client/s config says to use DNS to get to the backup server, use that to test; if the config uses IP address, then use that…
  • If you get something like “not found” and was on DNS then you are looking for why DNS isn’t resolving
  • If it comes back with connection timed out, then you need to look at firewall rules to check what is stopping the traffic getting through…
  • If using public DNS name, then it might be about the traffic either not looping back, or the NAT rule/s not being correct…

If that is your actual address (in your post, have obfuscated it in this reply) then would highly recommend modifying your post to change it - it is very much not advised to publish your network on a public forum…
[If the forum gave me the ability to modify your post, then I would have done that for you anyway]