Client CBT - do I also need classical Client

I just bought 2 license for CBT, and yes it is faster than classical Client to install, I am a little bit confused when I bought license, I got link, where I could download cbt version, how does it know that I have bought 2 licnese? Also what do I need to install UrBackup Client 2.5.25-cbt(x64).msi or UrBackupUpdate.exe

@Daniel_K_Rudolf

how does it know that I have bought 2 licnese?

I don’t think it does.
According to the CBT FAQ

"At this time licensing is not enforced, there is no license server and it does not need a internet connection. This is done with the hope that you will not illegally use change block tracking without having purchased a license. It may become clear that the license needs enforcement via software, in which case a license server will be supplied."

Based on this, i think the developers are using the honor system and trusting that the users (“customers” since they paid for a product) will only use one CBT license per client and will buy additional licenses as required.

so what do I need to install UrBackup Client 2.5.25-cbt(x64).msi or UrBackupUpdate.exe

I would highly recommend the UrBackup Client 2.5.25-CBT.exe; By trial and error I can tell you that i had severe performance limitations when i used the “.MSI”.

2 Likes