Client Autoupdate doesn't work. From 2.4.10 from 2.4.11

Hi!

For some reason my clients are not updating their software. They received the updated version and I can see the urbackupupdate.exe in the program files.

I have the following:

• Download client from update server: enabled
  • Autoupdate clients: enabled
  • Perform autoupdates silently: enabled

I tried reboot the client and the server. I also did the 5 minutes offline duration of the client.
I didn’t find any in logs. All my attempts failed!

How can I fix it?
Thank you in advance!

Screenshots:

I don’t how, but now all clients was updated (windows and linux clients).
It happened at 3 different UrBackup servers. I did nothing.
What schedule auto updates clients? When they try to updates? Only developers know, @uroni, can you answer, please. Thank you.

Would be really interesting when they do it.

Another question: There is only ONE master setting for allowing AutoUpdate:

grafik

But for testing, it would be great to make this a per-client setting. So I can allow a test-group to autoupdate and verify the success. Maybe a small ToDo entry :slight_smile:

EDIT: Or does this switch allows update in general only? How does Perform autoupdates silently works in detail? If enabled: thats clear, but what happens if disabled?

Autoupdate cleints allows pure download of new clients to the client-pcs - nothing more happening. User can manually trigger update by viewing the About dialog.

Perform autoupdate silently executes it in addition.

I looked at the code. But I did not found out, how often the server checks that. The server pushed new clients to the clients and I enabled silent_update afterwards but nothing happening. I think, there is some interval for this.

The labeling of these two settings should be clearer.

Hmm. Somehow I seem to have messed with the AutoUpdate:

As stated previously: I disabled Silent Update but Enabled client update. Every client now has the “Update available. Install now” Button. After enabling silent_update, nothing happened (waited 2 days).

Am I now in a state where UrBackup thinks: Nothing to do? Can I trigger the silent_update somehow?

@uroni ?

UrBackup should catch this. This is handy for client enrollment tests :slight_smile:
Somewhere I read about the idea, having a button in the admin page to install the new client manually, that would be great too!

@KluthR did you find an answer/solution to that?

Exactly that solution would suit me - disallow silent updates, enable it on one server, second server, see what’s happening and then eventually pull the trigger on the rest. When all clients are updated, disable it again and wait for a new version and the cycle will start again.

No. I just leaved it enabled for now. But in my eyes the client should apply the update as soon as I re-enabled the Auto-Update again serverside.