centOS client backup

I’m running URBACKUP on a windows server with great success for about 20 clients. I would like to backup a CentOS webserver with File Based backups. I’ve installed the client on the CentOS client using the preconfigured command line option. That went without issue, and the server is showing the client as connected.

When trying to push a File Backup from my urbackup server management page, it shows the client as connected and Queue’s the update. Nothing happens though. The status page never shows the client and the backup does not begin.

The log file is empty as well. Where should I start?

I dont think you can start a backup from the server if the client is not showing in the status page

try displaying all columns
switch logging to debug mode for client/server
look at live logs in the activity page

Hi orogor and thank you for your reply. I mistyped my first post. The client IS showing in the Status page and it is displayed as connected, it is the Activities page that it never shows up in. After i click the button for a full file backup, it looks like it will work… but nothing happens.

I’ve shown all columns and everything looks good. Connected - Yes. Status - ok.

I’ve tried this command on the client to switch to debugging:
urbackupclientbackend -i -v debug
is that correct? Not getting anything in the log.

So after ignoring this issue for about 3 days, I checked my urbackup status and the centos server was randomly backing itself up properly!

I have no idea what caused it to start working… but happy that it did :slight_smile: