Can't finish backup 100% 0 files in cue, but doesn't finish

Rec’d call from a client with problem at 1 station - backup failing.
Examination reveals that 15 days ago, something happened on this client and no backups complete since.
There was a partial incremental backup. Then, every backup runs, but gets stuck at 100% and never completes.

This is Windows system. I ran cleanup_database, repair_database, remove_unknown
still doesn’t work
I ran chkdsk on the backup drive
I changed the computer name of the problem computer so as to create a ‘new’ client.
I upgraded to latest server 2.1.19 and latest client.
The new client starts backup, completes 100%, and the live log shows ‘Saving file metadata’ - after 1 minute 12% done at 2439 files&directories, 2 minutes, 4333 files&directories and 21% done, and then nothing - waited 2 hours and nothing further. The status & activity indicate the backup is 100% complete, but doesn’t get updated.
The backup exists physically and appears complete.
I run remove_unknown, and it says at beginning “Client with id=7 has 1 full file backups” (this is the ‘new’ client, and the backup at 100% never leaves and the last backup shows ‘never’).
It does not remove any files.
The server service restarts and webinterface shows this client as never having been backed up!

When Urbackupserver restarts, it then gets stuck on ‘Start-up recovery’ - the live log says that the backup for the new client is incomplete, deleting it, and then it gets stuck on deleting file backup. I let it run overnight - 12 hours - and nothing happened - nothing is deleted. If i stop the server and manually delete the backup, the server will start up, all the other clients will work, but if I try to backup this PC, will be back in the same loop of getting stuck at 100%, etc…

I don’t know what to do!

(Reply to my own post —)
I think the problem may not have been Urbackup but the hard drive being used for backup - in that after taking Urbackup server service down and trying to delete some files/folders, got a hang which exceeded my patience (>1 hour) with nothing happening - i.e., a folder with like 10,000 files deleted with progress down to 4,000 files remaining, and then stuck for >1 hour.
So, my solution at this point is to replace the hard drive for backups. Since seems can access everything on the old drive, will keep it as is for some period of time and then try and run more tests on it.
I hope am doing this right - with server service disabled, replaced the drive with just the same root folder for Urbackup; then ran remove_unknown, cleanup_database and defrag_database. Then enabled and started the server service… Seems to be working