Where can I find more documentation on this “UrBackup (Virtual) Appliance - Beta”? I tried booting it in Hyper-V and it would not boot. (Sorry, I didn’t note down any errors at the time. I will test again and get some more error messages). What kind of configuration does it expect? CPU cores? RAM? Recommended storage configuration?
I downloaded the latest version and booted it up in Hyper-V. Very Slick!!! I like it. It looks like a well polished commercial package. I do have some questions about it, but I want to make sure this is a good place to ask them, as it is a paid product technically.
- Typo in the licensing alert at the top, should say “Trial”, and not “Trail”
- There is a free Community version, but also a paid Commercial version, at $20/month. What exactly is this recurring cost for? Why not a one time fee, especially if I’m using my own local or cloud storage?
- Will some of the features, like Replication, ever be available in the free version of UrBackup? What other version s of UrBackup can I replicate to? Can the free Community version of the appliance Replicate to another free Community version?
- Does this Appliance come with AWS S3 storage, or do I have to provide my own?
- When I click on the “Documentation” link at the bottom of the web console, it tries to go to http://192.168.0.50/admin_guide.pdf and fails. That’s the local LAN IP of the Appliance, so I guess the PDF is not where it’s supposed to be. Is there a copy of the PDF on the web somewhere? I was unable to find it on the UrBackup Commercial page.
Thanks in advance. This might be a game-changer for me, once I understand the appliance better.
@uroni, can you offer any info on the appliance?
I’m bumping this topic once again. I really would like to get answers to some of my questions. I want to support this product and using the commercial appliance seems like a good way to do it. Can we get a dialog going? If you’d rather communicate by email, I can do that, but I think a public discussion would benefit more people.