Cannot_open_file (3)

IM getting a whole slew of these errors. Mostly relating to the Onedrive folder. The eird thing is that i see backups being backed up to my external drive. is it just these folders that didnt backup correctly? How is this error fixed?

Also tried to exclude the folder.

Microsoft OneDrive is a FAKE folder that acts as a gateway to their online “cloud” storage scheme. There are many reasons not to use OneDrive, you have run into one of the biggest - they aren’t your files any more, Microsoft holds them hostage.

If you want to continue to use OneDrive, here is the real documentation Microsoft won’t (or can’t) give you, courtesy of AskWoody.com.

1 Like

No, and as @Don_Wright mentioned above, it is that they don’t actually exist on the drive now…they will just be stubs or “marker” files, and will basically download a cache of the file if/when it is opened ‐ so until that point, it isn’t really a file, more a shortcut for a file…

In my personal experience, I set the backup client to download all files (just be aware of disk usage!!) and then it will have an actual copy of the file/s that can then be backed up as usual…

This does only need to be done on the UrBackup client, not on all devices…just be conscious about space usage; it is probably best to only have the “download” setting on the server/system being backed up…