Cannot find backup directory code 2

The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory. (err_folder_not_found). The system cannot find the file specified. (code: 2) No matter what I do will not find directory, First time using URbackup

Do you have anything strange in your directory name? Shell metacharacters perhaps? Backslashes, quotes, semi-colons, etc.? Does the directory already exist, or are you expecting urbackup to create it? I do not know if urbackup will create a missing directory. It might. Or it might not. I can’t remember if I pre-created my backup directory before configuring urbackup the last time I installed it.

I have it as D: , which is a usb drive, I have deleted everything and tried to start again but same results. formated backup drive at same time. Still cannot find backup drive is message (code 2)

My settings (configured on the server) specify “Volumes to backup” as “C”, not “C:” You might try removing the colon in your specification.

Also, is your targeted USB drive always D: when you insert it? I’m a Linux guy now, but I seem to remember way back when I used Windows that USB drives are assigned the next available letter at the time they are inserted, which may not be the same letter every time.

Doesn’t Windows also have a concept that differentiates fixed drives from removable drives? I’m not sure how that might interact with urbackup when you designate a removable drive as it’s storage medium. I would hope this wouldn’t affect urbackup, but I don’t know from experience. I have used an external USB drive (HDD in an enclosure, not a flash drive) as my urbackup storage medium before, but that was on Linux, not Windows.

I will check that , I am using a usb hard drive, but so far it does show up as D each time, I have had problems with drive letters changing each time and had to Map it. Thanks for information I will see what I can find out.

Have you looked at the permissions on the D drive and backup folder ?
Maybe permissions are not letting it have access to the folder.

Thanks to everyone who has helped, I found problem, a lot of digging but found Windows backup running in background even though it was not apparent. Stopped that and deleted all files using regedit and simply started URbackup and it immediately started the backup and has worked since.