Can Linux urbackup server backup windows urbackup client

Hello,

I installed one urbackup server on linux system, three linux urbackup client and three windows urbackup client.

All client got connected to linux urbackup server. But i noticed that linux urbackup server could only backup linux urbackup client but not windows urbackup client.

I am getting below error:

Please help me identifying the reason why symbolic link creation fails for windows and get passed for linux client.

I’m using Urbackup on a Lubuntu machine as server to backup Windows 8.1 and 10 clients: everything is working fine in backup and restore phase.
This looks like an error in symbolic link.
I’d try to remove the machine(s) from the list, uninstall and install backup client again.

“\Documents\My Music” on Windows since Vista is a junction (similar to, but technically different from a symlink, which modern Windows also supports) to “\Music”. But it’s a bit of a weird one because it generally denies access.
In short, it’s worthy of ignoring. If it bothers you (it would bother me) that it gives an error, then work out an exclusion rule for those paths.

1 Like

I don’t think it is good practice to re-install the setup just to resolve an issue.
Thank you.

If it is this way, than backup of every client whose backup path is set to “music” folder should fail. But i can see that backup of other clients are successful.