Best way to connect Network storage

Hello,
I am loving this tool. Thanks to all involved in developing it and making it usable for a relative novice like me.
My aim is to back up to a NAS. I am most familiar with network shares over SMB. So I mounted my NAS storage via samba on my debian installation of urBackup. It all works and the first backups seem to be running. However, I get this error:

My NAS is formatted with ext4. So it should be case-sensitive. However, if I understand correctly, the Error is posted due to my connecting the share vie SMB.
So basically, I have two questions:
What are my options to resolve/ get rid of this error?
And more importantly, what are the recommended means of connecting a network share? Should I be using NFS? How do you do this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Check the case sensitivity parameters on your NAS. Did you made changes from the default?
Mine is working fine and I am sure lots of users are using SMB shares too without issue.

Check these settings on your SMB server:

case sensitive = True
default case = lower
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes

Please around with them but AFAIK, my SMB has been working fine for the last 10 years. I don’t remember what is the settings I am using on mine. I will do a quick check later once I get home.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it does seem to be working fine. I was just wondering whether there was a better/ prefered means of mounting network shares.

Thanks again for your reply