Been using urbackup for two months now, here are some wishlist/observations/questions

• I cant find any info on free space left which seems strange, should be somewhere in statistics, after all urbackup must know it if it allows use of percentage in quotas in settings.
  • Option that would in status tab switch exact dates to hours/days since last backup / last seen. The columns would get thiner and more easily readable and information would be so much easier and faster digested by the brain. My favorite count is hours up to 48 hours and then switching to just days, no months or years, just days.
  • archiving seems to have behavior not mentioned in the documentation. It seems that if both archive conditions are met, but the client is not online in that window, the last backup is marked as archived? At least that what it looks like from my observation.
  • I am not sure I understand downloading clients from server. First, I dont get the option to download without some connected client downloading it first on its own from the web. Then I get to choose from dropdown menu name of existing clients PCs. They dont need to be online as I tested, so its not like client is being downloaded from the client PC at the moment of downloading from server. I dunno what it suppose to be, documentation says its preconfigured for the server, but whats with the client name then? The downloaded installer also has the client name in the filename, so there is some significance? Kinda wish that it would be simpler and available straight away after server installation. If not straight away, then maybe a button there that tells the server to download latest windows client on its own, preconfigure it and have it there.
  • option to change language on the client?
  • client should not be mentioning internet server if its connected to a server and internet is not configured, feels like its saying theres an error.
  • allowing clients to restore files in form of downloading, but not in form of overwriting existing stuff on the client PC? So that users can be given access to their backups when they need them, without the risk of wrong click and losing more stuff?

I’ve been using it on and off for a while. The only answer I have is to question 4. I don’t think there’s a way to download the client from the server unless it’s already been added. I just have a share with the MSI downloaded from the internet then the URBackUp server find the client once it’s installed.