Backups Not running automatically

I have a fresh install of 2.2.11. I haven’t modified the much from the default settings. None of my backups are running automatically, File or image. I have to manually start them. It has been 4 days since I have installed the server and have about 10 clients setup. But none of the backups are running. I have it set to run in 12 hour increments.

I have the same problem ecxept that in my case backup will not start automatically with one specific client.
All others work fine.
No log entries it just don’t work.
Manually start a backup frm server works fine

Hi Chris,

Kind of a old topic you revived. Perhaps a new topic would have been better in this case.

That being said, I too had this problem with a few backups not auto-starting while 19 out of 20 clients were being backupped normally. At this point i’m assuming it’s due to the exponential backoff feature that pauses the creation of backups for a client (for a while) when several backups of this client failed.

While I have not found a fix in the code, database or such. I have implemented a workaround through the Python API that checks and attempts to run any backups that have missed their normal backup schedule. Maybe that’s of help to you as well?

You can find the scripts here:

Thank you very much.
When i run it i get the error message

File “/tmp/user.scripts/tmpScripts/Unraid Backups/script”, line 23
print("---------------------------------------------------", file=log_file )
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

am i doing something wrong?