Backups delete limits

what are the delete limits of backups?
that is, the maximum number of incremental copies of files is the maximum number of copies the server will save? the minimum number of incremental copies of increase copies of files is the minimum number of copies the server is going to keep?
if for example the minimum number of incremetal copies of files i give you 5 and the maximum number of incremental files of files is en 25 how is the deleting made?
when you get to 25 copies begin to delete or can you begin to delete at any time between 5 and 25 copies detected?
under 5 copies i can delete manually through the clear button that comes out next to each copy is this normal?
i have placed a backup window of 1-7 / 0-24 but the doubts come up in the limits of the number of copies that indicate when it can begin to delete.

thank you in advance for your help

I have been reading the manual about this:

UrBackup automatically deletes old file and image backups between 3am and 5am. Backups are deleted when a client has more incremental/full file/image backups then the configured maximum number of incremental/full file/image backups. Backups are deleted until the number of backups is within these limits again.
If the administrator has turned automatic shut-down on, this clean up process is started on server start up instead (as the server is most likely off during the night). Deleting backups and the succeeding updating of statistics can have a huge impact on system performance.

During nightly backup deletion UrBackup also tries to enforce the global and client specific soft quotas. It is only able to delete backups if a client has already more backups than the configured minimal number of incremental/full file/image backups.

Editing:

“UrBackup automatically deletes old file and image backups between 3am and 5am”==> If the time is not enough for deleting then what is the process out of this time? urbackup is deleting backups out of the configurated limits for this objective?

“Backups are deleted when a client has more incremental/full file/image backups then the configured maximum number of incremental/full file/image backups” ==> For example if I have the limits between 5 and 25 backups, ubackup will start to delete when the backups are 26 but, the backups will be deleted until there are 5 left, insn’t it? is correct?

if all is correct, why I am looking for the servers deleting backups everyday at nine A.M?

UrBackup will attempt to delete backups if any of three conditions exist:

1. The maximum number of that type of backup (incremental file, full image, and so on) has been exceeded. That’s what you have described.
  2. The client storage quota, if any, for the client has been exceeded. This is the total number of bytes being used for all backups for that client. I set mine at 50% for fewer than 10 clients, 25% for more, so no one user can take all of the available backup storage space.
  3. The global storage quota, if any, has been exceeded. I set mine at 90% or 95% depending on whether or not the backup storage is shared with another process. Most filesystems don’t work well with very little free space.

The cleanup process, as you noted, runs daily during the Cleanup time window specified under Settings: Server. Set this for a time the server is not busy with other tasks, as both the UrBackup program folder, which holds the running directory, and the backup storage device are heavily used during cleanup.

An emergency cleanup may automatically run during any backup if there is not enough free space to continue. This will free enough space for that backup, and may repeat as needed until all scheduled backups are complete.

Backups are generally deleted in oldest to newest order, unless the backups is marked Archive. See the administrator’s documentation for details.