Backup windows server with the user tree

Hello

I want to backup a 2008R2 server with multiple accounts so I installed the urbackup client, I selected all the folders (C:\Users\User\Desktop, C:\Users\User\Documents, C:\Users\User1\Desktop, C:\Users\User1\Documents idem for user 2, 3, etc) of my users but I do not have a tree with my users but Clients>Server>BackupNumber and a list of all folders Desktop , Desktop_0, Desktop_1, idem for other folders, etc. There’s something I did not understand?

How can I do to have a tree with user accounts? Also it is possible to have the icon only for the adminisitrator otherwise there is a client without icon how one configures the files to save?

UrBackup seems to be a big job to make backup easier!

Thank you a lot

Hi
Please have a look at the doc, but basically , you can backup c:\users, then use a filter to backup only Documents Desktop , whatever.
Again please read the doc to get the syntax right for : and *

Indeed, everything is in the doc in paragraph 8.3.4, I made the configuration of the client via the web interface and it works for me. I also installed the client without an icon on the server. I always read the docs but I missed but it’s fine to call him again. I continue my exploration …

Thank you

I have server with version : 2.2.8 and there is no possibility to set up backup folders according doc in paragraph 8.3.4 :
I set up:
\desktop*;\documents* and nothing is backuped.
Backup will finish with error :
8-03-06 11:40:06: ERROR: Cannot access path to backup: “\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy100\esktop*” Errorcode: 3 - The system cannot find the path specified.
2018-03-06 11:40:06: WARNING: Hint: The directory to backup contains wild cards. This is not supported. Please use the include and exclude settings to accomplish what you want
2018-03-06 11:40:06: WARNING: Hint: Directory to backup ("*\Desktop*") does not exist. It may have been deleted or renamed. Set the “optional” directory flag if you do not want backups to fail if directories are missing.
I want backup this directory : c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\

. I need backup Desktop and Documents and each one PC/NB, I like to set up from server, where I made mistake or what am I doing wrong ? How to set up ?

thanks a lot

Hello

Please read more carefully wait i said before :
The directory to backup is c:\users
The wildcard is for the filter for exemple *\Desktop*

you used \desktop* as a directory to backup

Some users have profile d:\users other users have c:\users, I want backup just directory Desktop or Documents, not other files and directories instead of these, which I setup …

I setup*\Desktop* and*\Documents*

This forum take “*” from text, so it looks like : I do not use it correctly …

then directories to backup is :

c:\users;d:\users

and filter is *\Desktop\*

hmm I am not sure if correctly understood,
i made setup:
c:\users;d:\users with filter *\Desktop* - It is correct have a look on picture and log says - it is not correct, could you make printscreen with correct settings, please ?

log:
2018-03-07 11:07:57: ERROR: Cannot access path to backup: “\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy116\Users*\Desktop*” Errorcode: 123 - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
2018-03-07 11:07:57: WARNING: Hint: The directory to backup contains wild cards. This is not supported. Please use the include and exclude settings to accomplish what you want
2018-03-07 11:07:57: WARNING: Hint: Directory to backup (“c:\Users*\Desktop*”) does not exist. It may have been deleted or renamed. Set the “optional” directory flag if you do not want backups to fail if directories are missing.
I used this settings:

Included files (with wildcards): *\Desktop*

Default directories to backup: c:\users;d:\users

I set up :

and it started to work, I didn’t noticed this setting : Included files “(with wildcards)”

In documentation, I found “OR= |”, is there possibillity use C:\Users|D:\Users in case do not exist c:\Users it will follow D:\Users, because, program will return information that directory D:\users do not exists in this time, and I see error in backup

hi

The documentation doesnt says | = or , the | is used to name a backup

Yes, you have a truth, my fault, bad understood by myself …
thanks a lot :slight_smile: