Backup a network share without client?

Just discovered UrBackup this morning and I have to say that I am extremely impressed.

I have a question that I haven’t been able to find an answer to in the forums that I hope somebody might be able to help me with.

Is it possible to backup directly from a network share without having a client installed? I’ve seen a number of posts regarding setting up a client with a UNC path and backing up through the client but nothing relating to directly backing up a share.

I have a single share on a small NAS drive containing about 20GB of files that I would like to back up but I have no way to install the client software on the NAS drive. Is it only possible to do this through a client on the network? Authentication isn’t a problem by the way.

Thanks a million.

UrBackup is a client/server model.

You would need at least one client that can communicate with that NAS drive in order to back it up, sorry to say.

Now, I’m not one hundred percent sure on this, but I believe you can put both the client and server on the same machine - and just make the box only backup that drive.