Appliance for Raspberry Pi 4:system upgrade from 1.10.4 to 1.10.6 deleted /var/urbackup/post-system-update.local

Good morning,
the system update from 1.10.4 to 1.10.6 nuked my /var/urbackup/post-system-update.local file. The system update before the most recent system update the post-system-update.local file survived the update and worked as intended. What went wrong here?

Unfortunately I only have this one rpi4 “test” system and the upgrade worked there…

On RPI it mounts /dev/mapper/LUKS-ES-XXXX at /media/system. And then bind mounts /media/system/urbackup at /var/urbackup. Your post-system-update.local is probably at /media/system/urbackup and the bind mount failed (or /media/system mount failed).

Could you have a look at /var/log/app.log or journalctl -u pystartup (after startup) or send me that?

Thanks uroni for the hint. I collected the output from journalctl -u pystartup for further analysis. I hope it helps to track the reason for this issue.

The output is a bit cropped, but it fails to mount /media/system

Post/look at the output of dmesg ?

Thanks, here is the output from dmesg. I hope this helps analysing the issue.

[ 25.051811] BTRFS error (device dm-0): bad tree block start, want 5513822208 have 11516811664899621781

File system got corrupted. You’ll have to reset and restore from backup storage (keep your encryption key ready).