After Storage migration Used Storage and File backups Size don't working in the same way

Long Story but I have done on 3 Urbackup Server Storage migration. It was working with some problems, because of some missing files at the source Storage.

After urbackupsrv remove-unknown all is working well except the Size of File backups (GUI->Backups->Computer name->Size) and Used Storage (GUI->Activities->Used Storage).

• After File Backup the Size showing -1 and Used Storage unknown
  • GUI->Statistics->Recalculate statistics running sometimes endless and sometime not solving these two values. If endless the Show log are showing only endless “INFO Waiting for statistics update to finish…”
  • after running urbackupsrv cleanup -a 0%, Size and Used Storage showing right values.

On other Urbackup Server the right Size and Used Storage are correct after file backup.

I have already removed 2 of 3 client pc and add them again with same confusing reaction.

There are other similar Topics here in the forum but without any solutions or continue efforts to solve the problem.

Update 1

Urbackup Server 1 of 3 with problem

1. activate debug logging at /etc/default/urbackupsrv
  2. removed and add the Clients again (2 clients)
  3. deleted the two migration files /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to and /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to.done
  4. run GUI->Statistics->Recalculate statistics but not working (endless running with log “INFO Waiting for statistics update to finish…”
  5. restart urbackup service systemctl restart urbackupsrv.service
  6. run GUI->Statistics->Recalculate statistics again, this time it is working and process finished with correct Size and Used Storage of all done file backups
  7. run again on one client an incremental file backup, finished fast and with correct Size and Used Storage right after file backup

doing another tests with server 2 and 3 to solve problem and will report here

Update 2

Urbackup Server 2 of 3 with problem

here it was a little bit different, because the after scheduled file backup the clients at GUI showed Size -1 and Used Storage Unknown only temporary time. I don’t know what time it needs to get the right values.

But to solve it in general I only deleted the two migration files ( /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to and /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to.done) and restarted urbackup service.

Also interesting in debug log mode and the two migration files every time you restart the service you will find theses logs

2024-02-24 16:24:24: Deleting incomplete transfers...
2024-02-24 16:24:25: Copying backups of client "<client name>"...
2024-02-24 16:24:25: Storage migration successfully finished.

@uroni maybe it would be good to update the server manual part migration to delete these two files after migration done

Update 3

Urbackup Server 2 of 3 with problem

I cannot guaranty but it seems also only the deleted the two migration files ( /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to and /var/urbackup/migrate_storage_to.done) and restarted urbackup service solved the problem.