With an incremental Windows backup file, existing directories do not update
ACL unless other metadata (such as date) changes.
- Create the C:\test directory
- Create the C:\test\subdir directory
- For C:\test\subdir add write rights for the Authenticated Users group
- Make backup of the C:\test
- For C:\test\subdir add write rights for the Everyone group
- Make the incremental file backup of the C:\test direktory
- Delete the C:\test directory and restore it from the backup.
The Authenticated Users group from Step 3 will be enabled in the C:\test\subdir directory, but not the Everyone
group from step 5.
Files are not affected by this problem, it only occurs with directories.
Client OS: Windows 2012 R2
Server: 2.2.10 (LXC container with Ubuntu Linux, BTRFS)