2 backup storage patch

Hello Everyone,

May can i have 2 backup storage places?

Exemple: i have 20 clients in my network and 1 server.

10 clients wll backup in /desktops/
10 clients wll bakcup in /servers/

Thats possible?

Take a look at this

My answer is for a local backup. 1 server with 2 save points. like others programs to make backup,we set source and destination.

i want save client 1, 2 and 3 in partition /servers and client 4 to 20 in partition /desktops. Why this? I have 2 different hard disks (1 local + 1 nfs)

right now it is not possible without multiple server, because of dedup , everything handled by one server has to be on the same partition.

same partition is different then same directory…

if is possible in different directory, is possible in different partition :wink:

It s stored as one folder per client.
You can t have local and nfs on the same partition

i know it man… is stored one folder per client, but the top folder is same for all clientes and i want change it, u understand?

It is not possible to configure more than one storage location.

As things are now, if you want more storage space for backups you need to use LVM, MD or BTRFS/ZFS to combine multiple devices into one filesystem.

You could attempt to use symlinks for each client you wanted stored on the NFS server. No idea if it would work or what it would break down the road. You would need to create the directories on the NFS mount and symlink them on the local server prior to installing the client making sure to use the correct permissions.

If it possible, i wll use the resource ATF (advanced technical feature :joy::joy:)

Thank everyone for the help!