What happens on full backup deletion?

On BTRFS partition, if I make a full backup, then an incremental backup, then delete the full backup from the web interface, the remaining incremental backup would include all data, and practically become the full backup, is this assumption correct?

Hi

i am not running btrfs specially , but in general , yes urbackup works like that. At any point all backup should be considered as full. The notion of full/inc, is mostly in regard to transferred files.

Thanks orogor.

Would be nice if urbackup would treat it as such, and display its full size on the web interface.

1 Like

Hi

My personnal opinion on this is that :
I think the metrics should be labeled better more precisely (transferred,stored,additional space,ethernet speed, backup/virtual speed)
Because of incremental, dedup and pruning, i understand it s complicated to actually get both a good value and a meaningful metrics

1 Like

It seems deleting the only full backup and remaining with only incrementals has its flaw.

urbackup refuses to do additional incremental backups and wants to do a full backup, even though full backups are disabled in the settings.

Update: even though it is called full backup, by its speed it seems to be incremental. Oh well.