Version 2.x RPMs for RHEL

It cannot write to /var/urbackup, I think.

Thanks. You think right. Installation script do not creating folder /var/urbackup . Because this folder create as a home folder of urbackup user. This is not allow rpml script in openSUSE distributions (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard 2.3). I was edited spec file. Now installation script create folder in %install and %files section only for openSUSE.

All changes in spec file I submitted to home:uroni > urbackup-server project and accepted this request. All rpm packets built with status “succeeded”. On CentOS 7 and openSUSE 42.2 urbackup-server work fine.

1 Like

Please, add on https://www.urbackup.org/download.html#server_redhat page OpenSUSE distribution

Thanks! Will add it with the next website update.

For 2.1.x we’ll have to add a dependency to libguestfs-tools. Would be cool if you test/prepare this in your repo.

Ok.The libguestfs-tools package exists for CentOS 7. But for SUSE distributions this package not exists. What libraries or scripts from libguestfs-tools package you use in urbackup-server? This information make me help to find analog in SUSE packages.

I was found analog package in SUSE. It’s name is guestfs-tools. I’ll be testing new spec file on my branch today. But guestfs-tools do not existing for i586 architecture in OpenSUSE 13.2, OpenSUSE Thumbleweed and armv7hl. What functionality may be unavailable in this distributions?

Thanks! Weird that it did not cause an error while building.

Yeah, just leave it. Mounting the image backups will not work if it is missing