Urbackup server persistently crashes

Not true, nowdays might be the oposite. There is nothing wrong with using 32bit other than 1. it can only use 32 bit code, 2. more and more devs are dropping support for 32bit, its not “dying” but if you have a 64bit cpu, why not utilize it, you can still run 32bit code on a 64bit cpu (sometimes some trickery is needed), but never the other way around.

Wonder why, vlc is such a “safe” way to connect to a server… xD (if you know what you are doing its fine)

So you operate your rpi via a gui instead of cli, that explains why you want to use the desktop rather than the lite versions. If you are not using anything in the graphical env (the desktop), i strongly suggest you learn how to use ssh to connect to it instead of anydesk/teamviewer. 1. It’s WAY safer, even if you just have your rpi:s over lan, if you connect to them over internet, I HIGHLY disadvice you to use a VNC if you do not know exactly how to protect you. 2. A graphical interface just takes resources from urbackup for no reason. Hence why I recomended the LITE version and not the desktop one.

You seem to be on windows so putty is imo a good ssh client.
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

Search for “raspberry pi headless install” for instructions on how to prepare your rpi. Either use the image creater on raspberry pi:s download page or do it all manually. Search for “raspberry pi headless install” for more info.

Good luck and if you found a solution here in this thread, please mark it with the “solution” button so others can find the solution immediately if they find this thread.