Urbackup server crash after migration on a new linux

Hello, I had a urbackup server on linux (debian 8 32bit) for many time. This is an old debian 7 upgraded some time ago.
I decided to migrate to a new server, debian 9 64 bit.
The backup data storage is a nas mount over /opt/

Done:

• copied /var/urbackup/ folder over the new server.
  • umount /opt/ from the old server
  • mount /opt/ to the new server
  • set the correct path in /etc/urbackup/backupfolder
  • chown urbackup server for the folders/files
  • created the file “migrate_storage_to” in the /va/urbackup/ (*)

Started urbackup server and it start normally, and che web page shows the clients as were on the old server.

But when the windows client try to do a new incremental backup (manually or scheduled from the server) the server crash.
The last errors on urbackup.log are some “ERROR: LMDB: Failed to open transaction handle (Invalid argument)”. After this the server crash and the webpage is dead too.

I tried to debug: I see nothing more of interest or found in the web. I could send the debug logs files.

Is there some others things I may try or to investigate to?

old server: debian 8 32bit
new server: debian 9 64bit
installation: official .deb packages (stable/testing)
client tested: Windows 7

(*) I tried with or without the file

Personally I never quite trust it when .debs are labelled as oldstable, stable, testing, etc for Debian, are those actually in sync with Debian? I rather wish such repos were labeled by release codename: Jessie, Stretch, Buster. That way one can be certain you have the correct .deb

Not that I think it’s the actual issue, though you could always try building from src, that way you’re completely certain you end up with the compatible binary.

Just a grabbing at straws thought, but have you tried downloading the preconfigured client from the new server, and reinstalling at the client end? Otherwise you need to wait for someone with more of a clue than me :upside_down:

Hello, I’m with you with many external packages.

At the moment as a far I know Urbackup packages are:
urbackup stable -> debian jessie (8 - old_stable)
urbackup testing -> debian stretch (9 - stable)

I tried to install the wrong version (stable/stable). There is no possibility to complete successfully the installation. The dependencies are differents.
The locking diff is the library libcrypto++. There is the libcrypto++6 in debian stretch, and libcrypto++9 in debian jessie. Both are mutually exclusive in these debian versions.

I have another urbackup server in production (few clients) with debian 9 installed with .deb package too. It is running flawlessy.

I tried others thinks:

1. remount the opt folder on the old 32bit server (It worked again)
  2. urbackupsrv repair-database/defrag-database/verify-hashes/remove-unknown without success (segmentation fault)

I purged the installation than I made a clean install. I manually set the program and I restored the server keys only. Now it is running, on the same clients.
I lost the old clients backup of course.

Thank you