UrBackup Server/Client 2.0.5 beta

Hi Laudate,

Yes this has already been confirmed windows xp is no longer supported with beta 2.0.x but you can still use an older client to connect to a 2.0.x server

Progress bar in Status & Activities are not auto updating.
When starting in IE11 a note to use other browser should be nice.

Dear Mr. Uroni,
I have install the UrBackup Server 2.0.5 beta using the .deb file but few minutes after the server start I get the following error in the syslog and the process stop:

kernel: [179217.598047] urbackupsrv[6219] trap invalid opcode ip:801c50 sp:7f2fe8ff8640 error:0 in urbackupsrv[400000+61e000]

Can you tell me where is the problem?
Best regards.

Works for me in IE 11.0.9600. Do I have to wait a long time or something?

It’s still probably build wrong and uses SSE4 or something which your processor does not support. I’ll have another look at that with the next version.

Now it just stops indexing after a while, and the debug logs are showing lots of:

ERROR: Error opening file handle to \?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy681\Data:redacted_filenames

Another issue I am seeing with 2.0.5beta is that a machine I just installed the client on is currently indexing, but the web interface does not show any activity for it. This is a local client, not over the internet. Client is Win10 Pro, server is 2012R2.

My HP micro server gives me also error with .deb package.
in syslog I find this error:

Mar  2 00:45:12 backup kernel: [ 1230.114578] traps: urbackupsrv[1168] trap invalid opcode ip:811b82 sp:7ffcfdb74088 error:0 in urbackupsrv[400000+61e000]
Mar  2 00:45:32 backup kernel: [ 1249.627465] traps: urbackupsrv[1434] trap invalid opcode ip:811b82 sp:7ffd9b46d4b8 error:0 in urbackupsrv[400000+61e000]

It was “Swedish” langugae is default selected, then it is blank.
Switcheing to English it works.

The webinterface are just showing the header and footer after upgrade frpm 2.0.4 to 2.0.5. The urbackup server log says:
ERROR: Error downloading server version information: HTTP response code said error(ec=22), The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

@Jens_Larsson
Try changing it to english at the bottom left.
What language are you using?

So simple :slight_smile: Defaulted to swedish, thanks

I was using 1.4.13 for a few days and it was working great. I decided to try the new beta 2.0.5 to get the enhancements and improvements. I uninstalled the old server and clients first, then installed new version and rebooted. My 2.0.5 server doesn’t find my new clients. I have 5 servers I want to backup, and only 2 were found - and I’m not sure if they were found automatically or because I added the client hints on status page. Any ideas?

You guys are doing a great job with this software. I work in IT and I am the manager for MSP backups for all our clients. We used storagecraft imagebase backups and restoreing servers and Ahsay for file based backups.

We have a test mac in the office I will install the Mac version of Urbackup on it report if I have any issue’s.
We use Ahsay for Mac clients but Ahsay is a very poor backup software but gives clients nice reports on their backups.

I have used UrBackup for a year and its never failed me and justs get better with every version. What is missing is basic daily email report on clients backup and compress on file base backups.

Okay, well, I have all 5 servers showing in Server app now. I had to uninstall 2.0.5 beta on the clients and delete all the UrBackup folders on the C: drive. Then, I re-installed. After awhile, the clients showed up in the Server app. Weird, though, I don’t see the Start Menu folder/icons/shortcuts for UrBackup anymore on any clients.

First of all - great free software. Thanks for providing this and continuing to work on it.

In 2.0.5 beta, I noticed that the server app shows the correct format for data and time (i.e. 3/5/2016 09:07) but the client app text pop-up shows the day and month turned around, so even if it is March 5th, it shows 5/3/2016).

Also, for a future enhancement, can you provide a future (queued/scheduled) backups pending - maybe on a calendar or just a simple list of the next 5 pending backups for all the servers?

Could not reproduce the issue yet. Are you using it with btrfs storage or another file system?

Could you post the filefrag -v output of the 500MB file which caused the assertion?

Thanks for the hint! I’ve changed something with regards to setting the locale. So it may be fixed with the next version.

Same invalid OP Code error here…
[22199.298886] traps: urbackupsrv[9102] trap invalid opcode ip:801c50 sp:7f82297f9680 error:0 in urbackupsrv[400000+61e000]

Debian 8.3
Processor definitly supports SSE4 (at least SSE 4.1)…

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 23
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3360  @ 2.83GHz
stepping        : 10
microcode       : 0xa07
cpu MHz         : 2000.000
cache size      : 6144 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 4
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 4
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips        : 5652.71
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

never had this problem with versions up to 2.0.4…

Yes, btrfs. I’ve deleted that backup server, now I’m testing with a new one (Debian 8), recompiling the UrBackup server as the pre-compiled .deb was segfaulting.