UrBackup Server 2.2.1 beta

Not many major changes (yet), but I wanted to put the existing changes out there. The parallel client-side file hashing is behind a feature flag in the internet settings tab on the server and needs to be enabled first.

Changes with server 2.2.1 beta

• Scriptable (lua) alert system with email notifications
  • Contents of log email after backup is configurable (via changing a lua script)
  • Fix client server identity reset handling
  • Fix day of month matching in archiving
  • Proper send timeouts during image restore

Major changes with server 2.2.x beta

• Client-side file hashing parallel with file backup
  • Image backup restore via Internet client

Major changes with client 2.2.x beta

• Client-side file hashing parallel with file backup

Changes with Restore CD 2.1.x beta

• Image backup restore via Internet client

Upgrade process

As always: Replace the executables (via the installers) and the database of the server/client will be updated on first running it.

Place the files from the update directory into C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup to auto-update clients. Disable Download client from update server in the server settings to prevent the server from downloading the current version.

On Linux e.g. with this update script: https://github.com/ptempier/get_urbackupclient/blob/master/updateclient.sh

Downgrade process (server)

Stop the UrBackup server, restore C:\Program Files\UrBackupServer\urbackup or /var/urbackup from a backup before upgrade and then install the previous version over the beta release.

Downloads

1 Like

I’ll start testing this weekend. I’m going to attempt a bare metal recovery on my laptop. I’ll let you know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.