UrBackup Server 2.0.29 RC/Client 2.0.28 RC

Is that directly on the first try, or was it previously interrupted?

The boss decided to crash my server the first time…

This is the second try.

Sorry, theoretically it should cope with being interrupted. The best option would be to retry with an pre-update database backup. Otherwise it needs some database doctoring with the sqlite command line utitlity or SQLite Browser. With that, what does

sqlite3 backup_server.db

SELECT COUNT(*) files;

say?

sqlite> SELECT COUNT(*) files;

What does

sqlite3 backup_server_files.db

SELECT * FROM files_incoming_stat;
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files;

say?

sqlite> SELECT * FROM files_incoming_stat;
Error: no such table: files_incoming_stat
sqlite> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files;

Then it’ll probably work if you delete backup_server_files.db (or just the files table in backup_server_files.db with DROP TABLE files). If you did any file backups the question is where your file entries have gone, though.

Getting this now

2016-06-20 13:02:20: WARNING: Upgrading…
2016-06-20 13:02:20: WARNING: Converting database to delete journal mode…
2016-06-20 13:02:20: WARNING: Upgrading database to version 36
2016-06-20 13:02:20: WARNING: SQLite: no such index: files_idx errorcode: 1
2016-06-20 13:02:20: ERROR: Error preparing Query [DROP INDEX files_idx]: no such index: files_idx
2016-06-20 13:02:20: ERROR: Upgrading database failed. Shutting down server.

Do I just need to create the table so it sees it?

BTW right before doing the update I canned all the backup files and ran update unknowns.

It previously got further. So something is seriously broken. It does roll back the changes on errors.

Any way to export just the client configs and start over? These are all internet clients with passwords assigned to them.

Only with more db manipulation. I think you need to import and export the contents of the clients table in backup_server.db and the backup_server_settings.db file. The SQLite CLI can import/export: https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html#section_8

We’ll see what happends. Thanks for the help.

After failing a few times at trying to import the data I decided to start fresh and just reinstall all the clients. Everything went smooth except one machine. I keep getting this error after installing the client.

Faulting application UrBackupClient.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x5761a96b, faulting module api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.d, version 6.0.6001.18538, time stamp 0x4cb73957, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00000000000b1b48, process id 0x26f0, application start time 0x01d1ce12c4b9b695.

I tried to remove and reinstall the C++ runtime for every version I could find in x64 and x86 to no avail. Any suggestions?
The old version 1.4 client runs fine on the server. I would just use that but I get a auth/password wrong error but the password in the client matches the web interface.

You could capture a crash dump and send me that. Either by following https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb787181(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 or by extracting it from the WER queue when the send/don’t send dialog pops up.

I guess I can also start figuring out how to set it up such that Microsoft gives me the crash if you press send…

1 Like

The crash dump showed a exception “Unknown exception - code c0000022” during loading. Which lead to this question where someone fixed it by using process monitor and then repairing dll permissions.

OK, fixed the issue by manually copying the DLL associated with the C++ runtime from a working machine over to the malfunctioning machine. The runtime would install and succeed without any errors, but the DLL’s were never placed on the system. Here are the files I copied to make it work.

api-ms-win-core-console-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-datetime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-errorhandling-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-file-l2-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-handle-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-interlocked-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-memory-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-namedpipe-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processenvironment-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-1.dll
api-ms-win-core-profile-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-sysinfo-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-timezone-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-core-util-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-multibyte-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-private-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-process-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll

BTW this was a Windows Server 2008.

Everything seems to be running great with the clean setup using btrfs. One last question. Can I run multiple instances of the client, one for onsite, and one for offsite? Another example would be… I have multiple companies hosted on one server and would like to split the backups to enforce quotas.

I’m going to assume from the silence that this is not possible.

UrBackup server 2.0.29 RC rpm for CentOS 7