Unable to use ip for backup storage path

hi there,
i need help on the backup storage path where i use machine name, it’s run smoothly example \machine_name\share\urbackup no problem, but once i use the ip format, that’s \111.111.111.111\share\urbackup and it shows the following massage : “The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in ‘Settings’ or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory.(err_folder_not_found)”

hope to get response from urbackup team and discourse member here.

tq

You seem to be missing a crucial part of your post - your Operating System; however, seeing how your previous posts were about Windows machines, I will guess that you are using a Windows OS as your UrBackup server.

Most people suggest this is a DNS issue that can be fixed by running ipconfig /flushdns on your problematic machine; however, I would first verify that ANY other machine can connect to it via IP before assuming it is a client issue.

If you can connect to your share both ways using another client - then the client you are using to access that share needs to be ‘fixed.’

This is a little less about UrBackup and more about networking issues, but you could try this if you rule out the Server being the issue - and if you are using a Windows Server instead of a Linux one.