Set the "optional" directory flag if you do not want backups to fail if directories are missing

I have been running urbackup server 2.2.11 on a debian server. I don’t recall the version of client i am running but it should be the most recent linux client running on Linux Mint Debian edition. I recently plugged in a couple of usb drives i wanted backups of and pointed my urbackup server to the drive path (in one case /media/brian/Transcend). I ran a manual fulll backup which succeeded. I did a quick spot check to verifiy that the server got all of the files off of the usb drives. I unplugged them and left the client machine run for a few days so the incremental backups would run. I received a few emails from the server telling me that backups are failing with the message:

“Hint: Directory to backup (”/media/brian/Transcend") does not exist. It may have been deleted or renamed. Set the “optional” directory flag if you do not want backups to fail if directories are missing."

I’ve looked all over the server settings and I don’t see such a check box. Am I not looking hard enough? I don’t see it anywhere on my client machine in the client settings either.

Brian.

On Linux e.g. when adding the path with urbackupclientctl add-backupdir --optional -d /path. See also the server admin manual.