Restore to Different Hardware

Hi all,

I am new with URBackup and I got full image backup of Win 2008 R2 server and I want to restore this to some laptop,but it freezes while restoring (Testing partitiion…)…Can somebody help me? Is it not possible to restore one backup to different hardware with urbackup?

No help???

From what I have read on the forum it should support it but I am not too sure as I myself am testing for the first time. I was considering this for my client but will have to reconsider. If an urgent issue arises, the forum isn’t responsive enough. It is active and provided quite a bit information.

If it works or not mainly depends on Windows.

Did you have a GPT partition scheme?

You can use Urbackup to restore the hard drive, then use Macrium Reflect to redeploy to new hardware. That’s what I do.

Ironically I was just looking at Macrium Reflect. So you would use UrBackup to backup the drive and when deploying it on new hardware, macrium is used. I am assuming that it has a universal restore feature. That sounds lovely. Would the same be possible with maybe EaseUS? Shoot me an email I would love to ask you a few more questions. delcock@totalitserv.com