Restore file backups on different path

Hello,

i have an Hp Microserver Gen8 used as a nas (it runs Openmediavault based on Debian).
It has a microsd card used as boot/system partition (where Openmediavault/Debian are installed) and two 3 TB disks, configured in Raid 1, where lots of file (2.6 TB) are stored.

Unfortunately some days ago the machine didn’t boot after a restart; the two disks were broken (they were very old) and the microsd had problems too.
So i reinstalled Ovm on a new sd and installed two new disks for raid.

Urbackup client was installed on the machine and made incremental and complete backups of the files on another Hp microserver used as the Urbackup server; now i need to restore the files, so i reinstalled the Urbackup service (downloading the appropriate packet directly from the Urbackup server) and now in the Web Gui i can see the client as active (under the same name it had before the breakdown).

My problem is that the backup paths on the client are changed: due to the changes in raid name/configuration, the previous path was “/media/add37687”, now it’s “/media/306f23d5”.

I’ve tried to start the restore, but the files are saved in the folder “add37687” which is on the microsd (it’s not linked anymore to the raid volume, it’s just a random folder in /media).

My question is: how can i restore my files in the correct location (i.e. the raid volume)? Can i update somewhere the paths for the restore?

I’ve already tried changing in settings the backup path for the client but there is no difference.

Any advice?
Thank you in advance.

Specs:
Debian 3.2.68 (Openmediavault 2.1.23)
Urbackup server: 2.3.8 version

The cmd client can restore to others paths, e.g.

urbackupclientctl restore -b last --path add37687 --map-from /media/add37687 --map-to /media/306f23d5

Ok thank you very much!

If i want to select another backup instead of the last one how can i do that?

Will it work on Windows?

Unfortunately it gives me “error 4” when trying to launch the restore… now i’m downloading manually from the Web Gui each folder because we need the files restored as soon as possible but it’s very slow…

To use another backup instead of the last one I found the correct id (with “urbackupclientctl browse”) and changed “last” with the id