Restore CD/USB with WinPE or restore System Image from running Windows to avoid HW RAID Drivers problem with Linux?

It’s not that hard to read the C++ source files… Here’s a list of options i wrote down based on what’s in the CPP file:

urbackupclientbackend.exe --internal --plugin urbackup.dll --restore true --restore_cmd :

restore_cmd has the following options:

write_mbr
Writes MBR to a device
parameters:
–mbr_filename
–out_device

mbrinfo
shows MBR info
parameters:
–mbr_filename

help
Displays the parameters available.
parameters:
none

ping_server
Does a ping of a server
parameters:
none

get_clientnames
Shows a list of clients
parameters:
none

get_backupimages
Gets a list of image backups for a client
parameters
–restore_name

get_file_backups
Gets a list of file backups for a client.
parameters
–restore_name

download_mbr
Downloads the MBR for a image ID and time
parameters
–restore_img_id
–restore_time
–restore_out

download_image
Downloads the Image for a image ID and time to a output device
parameters
–restore_img_id
–restore_time
–restore_out

download_files
Downloads files
parameters
–restore_backupid
–restore_time

download_progress
Shows progress of the download
parameters
none

Have you tried one of those commands? Simply does nothing.
I can read CPP file, and obtain the parameter list, but without any other information it is impossible to make it works.
Not to mention that arguments like ‘–out_device’ which it´s impossible to know what kind of string may expect.
Sorry but, definitely, without any documentation of how to use, it´s impossible for me to test it. And I have no time to spent hous testing this without a minimun help.

Try e.g.:

.\UrBackupClientBackend.exe --cmdline --no-server --loglevel warn --plugin .\cryptoplugin.dll --plugin .\fsimageplugin.dll --plugin .\urbackup.dll --restore true --restore_cmd mbrinfo

Sorry, maybe I don´t explain myself… this is not a way to test anything in a serious way.

The command you posted returns a message that specify I needs to pass the MBR filename for restore…ok, it seems it could work if I pass the mbr filename… BUT… what kind of string may expect this parameter? something like ‘/backups/clientname/122110-3234_…/…mbr?’

Even more, if I try to get a list of backupimages with ‘get_backupimages’ parameter it returns something like ‘0|0|0|NO RIGHTS’… I supose that I need to pass user name and password in any way…how is a mistery…

Sorry, that password function was missing: Here is a patch https://github.com/uroni/urbackup_backend/commit/2403624736551d46db914d17bee796cdee511d9d