Remote internet backup failing "ERROR: Internet server auth failed. Error: Unknown client (XXX)

Logged error message:

ERROR: Internet server auth failed. Error: Unknown client (XXX)

However I tried adding XXX., XXX and even the IP to the Server none work, all return the exact same message on the client (annoying that the server tells me nothing). How do I determine what is it sending as even setting the client to debug did not help or better yet, how can I set the value so that I’m sure it will work.

I did verify that the DNS works and is properly resolved as XXX. on the server, and another remote server YYY. worked without issues.

Server logs is also unhelpful:

Authentication failed in InternetServiceConnector::ReceivePackets: Unknown client (XXX)

Thanks,
ERIC

It’s very helpful :wink: It tells you that the server doesn’t know about client XXX and therefore it can’t connect

However if adding a server hint for XXX does not help nor does XXX. or , how can this server be added, I simply do not know what failing to match, to resolved it, I’d assume it needs XXX defined as the hint, but obviously that is not correct. I can not rename the remote host and the DNS lookup works for both XXX (and XXX.<domain>).
Maybe this has something to do with the docker container, but since YYY. worked fine, but it came in as YYY. <domain> and not simply YYY however I can not explain why this comes in as XXX and not XXX.<domain> either.

ERIC