Preserve directory hierarchy in files backup list

I chose specific directories to backup, some of them are deeper than the root level, and from multiple drives.

Now the web interface shows them all together, regardless of their original hierarchy.

It makes it harder to restore.

Can it be fixed?

Edit: to clarify, I’m asking for the following changes:

1. Show drive letters. It may or may not be related to single letter directory name being prefixed by the drive letter, which is an inconsistent behavior with the other directory names, and makes it harder to locate.

2. List directories as C:\A\B\C even if just “C” was chosen for backup. Currently it would show as “C” (or “CC”) in the root level.

Hi

You d get this if you backup c:\ ,then use filters to backup only what you want from there?

This can be done only from the web interface, and only if I set each client to have their own separate settings, right?

Do non-administrator clients have access to those filter fields?

i never use the client gui too much

So I went testing your advice. I created a new client and added 3 folders to the include filter in the format:

C:\folder1\*;C:\folder2\sub1\*;C:\folder2\sub2\*

and ran the files backup.

But nothing got backed up. It said “indexing” for a while, then got back to “idle”, and no new backup appears on the server.

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I finally figured it out. I had to add the drive to the “Default directories to backup” setting.

So the good new is that it achieves the hierarchy I wanted.
Thanks!

However, it also backed up “junction” files (symlinks?) that reside on this drive, even though they did not match the include filters, such as:

C:\ProgramData\Desktop
C:\ProgramData\Documents
C:\ProgramData\Start Menu

Any idea?

Could you try if this also occurs with the client here: Server 2.2.5 beta/Client 2.2.3 beta

It still does.

Although I did an incremental backup and not a full one. Not sure if it matters.