Mounting VHDZ from UrBackupserver in a Docker is disabled - Why?

Hi,
I am new to UrBackup. I am very exited that I found this great tool!!!

I am running a Openmediavault Server and installed UrBackup in a Docker. I tried to mount a VHDZ image from my client PC - but did not find this option.

I just noticed here https://github.com/uroni/urbackup-server-docker that this functionality is disabled in the docker. This is really sad.
Is there reason/explanation for this?
Any chance to get this in the docker?

Thanks.
Best.
Fabian

Image mounting works by running a virtual machine (libguestfs). Docker containers cannot start virtual machines (or mount stuff). You can just install the server without docker. OMV even has a plugin for that.

Hey, this is great. I did not know about the plugin. Would you prefer the plugin over the docker in OMV? Why? Some people I talked to told me put as much in dockers as possible…

All this NAS/Server stuff is new to me - still learning.

Thanks for the help.
Fabian

Hi @uroni, I have UrBackup now running as Plugin. All well! great! But I can not find a chance to mount the VHDZ.
I find the list of files (filebackup) and am able to download as a ZIP or to restore on client.
But if I chose a imagebackup I have no chance to do anything…any advice?
Thanks.
Fabian

Any hint on this??

Thanks.
Fabian

Hello

Did you install libguestfs-tools and qemu-utils packages on your server ? They are required if you want to browse images through the UrBackup GUI …

No, I did not - I try to check if it is already installed. I am running UrBackup on a openmediavault server. I do not know what is on it after a fresh install.

Is there a simple terminal command to check this? (Still learning linux).

Can I just install it via apt-get on a terminal on my OMV-NAS?
Thanks.
Fabian

Just type apt-get install libguestfs-tools qemu-utils in a shell on the OMV box.

Do I have to restart? It is not working… :frowning:
…some things in progress - no time to restart…will report later.
Thanks.
Best.
Fabian

Try to install qemu-tools : apt-get install qemu-tools
Restart the urbackup service : systemctl restart urbackupsrv.service
Try again to browse an image backup from Web GUI

Some other links that could help :

Thanks - it is better now…but get an error now. Will report later - no time now.
Best.
Fabian

So I get the option to mount the backup now. But if I try, I get this:

Error creating mountpoint at "/media/BACKUP/urbackup/NameofClient/190116-2341_Image_D/contents". Err: 2

Any idea?
Thanks.
Fabian.