Linux UrBackup Client Database issue

Greetings Everyone!

I am a new urbackup user since a few days­. I ran some testing and was satisfied with the performance, so therefore had a few questions.

1. I have 1 server which backup client’s is having a database issue. I’ve had some install issues so I reinstalled it but deleting /usr/local/var/urbackup wasn’t so much of a good idea. Is there a way to wipe/recreate the default “database”? I believe that is my issue, see the following logfile:

root@web:~# sudo start_urbackup_client --loglevel info --no_daemon
2015-05-16 02:28:59: Loaded -fileserv- plugin
2015-05-16 02:28:59: Loaded -fsimageplugin- plugin
2015-05-16 02:28:59: Loaded -cryptoplugin- plugin
2015-05-16 02:28:59: urbackupserver: Server started up sucessfully!
2015-05-16 02:28:59: Started UrBackupClient Backend…
2015-05-16 02:28:59: FileSrv: Servername: -web.hashrate.biz-
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT name, path, id, optional FROM backupdirs]: no such column: optional
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT id, name FROM mdirs UNION SELECT id, name FROM mdirs_backup]: no such column: id
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [INSERT INTO shadowcopies (vssid, ssetid, target, path, tname, orig_target, filesrv, vol, starttime, refs, starttoken) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, ?, ?)]: table shadowcopies has no column named vol
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT id, vssid, ssetid, target, path, tname, orig_target, filesrv, vol, (strftime(’%s’,‘now’) - strftime(’%s’, starttime)) AS passedtime, refs, starttoken FROM shadowcopies]: no such column: vol
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [INSERT OR REPLACE INTO mdirs_backup SELECT id,name FROM mdirs]: no such column: id
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT refs FROM shadowcopies WHERE id=?]: no such column: refs
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [UPDATE shadowcopies SET refs=? WHERE id=?]: no such column: refs
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [INSERT OR REPLACE INTO mfiles_backup SELECT dir_id,name FROM mfiles]: no such table: mfiles_backup
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [DELETE FROM mfiles]: no such table: mfiles
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [DELETE FROM mfiles_backup]: no such table: mfiles_backup
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT dir_id FROM mfiles_backup WHERE dir_id=? AND name=? UNION SELECT dir_id FROM mfiles WHERE dir_id=? AND name=?]: no such table: mfiles
2015-05-16 02:29:00: ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT name FROM mfiles_backup WHERE dir_id=? UNION SELECT name FROM mfiles WHERE dir_id=?]: no such table: mfiles

1. Is there a way to force backups onto the LAN segment? I disabled the Internet Server because all the backups would go over WAN. My access switch does not do routing, so everytime a backup goes through wan it is being sent through the distribution router which uses a lot of my WAN bandwidth (Goes up to 2 gigabit on the pipe). I was wondering if there was a way I could definitely specify backups to be taken on tha 10Gbps network (10.10.10.X)

Thanks for whoever comes forward with some input!

Louis

I managed to fix my SQLITE issue by r-syncing the /usr/local/var/urbackup from another server and then cleaning the config and txt files.

After doing so, I could initialize the client and it finally worked.

Meanwhile, I attempted to configure my Internet Server locally (on 10.10.10.X directly) to try to force the backups onto the LAN, but for some reason by default they are all going through the WAN. Anybody has a clue on how to force it LAN only? Maybe there is somewhere I can specify a specific subnet to take backups from, i browsed the documentation but couldn’t find an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance!

On Linux you can specify the interfaces it broadcast on via the --broadcast_interfaces argument.

If you add --internet_only_mode true to the server paramers (in start_urbackup_server or args.txt) it will not search for local clients.

Had the same set of errors on one of my Linux client computers when testing installations. In case anyone else ends up with the same problem, these are the 3 things you need for a fresh client:

1. File: /usr/local/var/urbackup/backup_client.db.template - a fresh template database
  2. File: /usr/local/var/urbackup/new.txt - an empty file
  3. Directory: /usr/local/var/urbackup/data - an empty directory

In my case, not having /usr/local/var/urbackup/new.txt in place caused the errors from above, starting with:

ERROR: Error preparing Query [SELECT name, path, id, optional FROM backupdirs]: no such column: optional