Getting "Error while retrieving information about user. Try again?" when trying to do a restore

Getting “Error while retrieving information about user. Try again?” when trying to do a restore. I have been able to do restores in the past and nothing has chnaged on the server end. I even went back into the menu and put in the IP address of the UrBackup server and it then comes up with the window to put in the server username (admin) which i do and i keep getting this error. Restarted the server and the Urbackup Windows Server service. I reran the Restore CD 3 times after the server reboot but still nothing. Any ideas. I can backup pcs just fine but now i can’t restore them.

Also, a side note i can ping the urbackup server from the shell.

First of, if there are other instances of UrBackup server running shut them down and try again.

If the error persists could you have a look at the log files?

Relevant is the file /root/restore_mode.txt accessible via e.g.

sudo su
cd /root
cat restore_mode.txt

This may give a hint as to why it does not work.

I, too, am getting this error. Using Restore CD 1.1.1 against internet server 1.4.12. In restore_wizard.txt, it reports “Login Response: no channels available.” In restore_mode.txt, I don’t see anything that specifically relates to an attempt to connect to the internet server.

When entering the server name manually, after the initial local server timeout, should I just be entering the hostname of the server (backup.whateverdomain.com) or do I need to include a port number (backup.whateverdomain.com:5541[45])? We are using the default ports on our internet server.

Backups are working fine. However, this is the first time trying to restore an image.