Client Installation fails - liteFirewallW.dll

I am trying to reinstall a client that was connected to a previous urbackup server for testing. It is a Windows 10 Pro machine.

When it installs, I see the program files it creates, but no service or tray icon. I have tried a base 2.3.4 installer, customer installer using the website provided, and also downloading the client installer from our management portal. All of them give the same results.

I looked at the event viewer and found the following message from the install:

Faulting application name: UrBackup Client.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f47e2da
Faulting module name: liteFirewallW.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e257a1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00003a9a
Faulting process id: 0x1ca4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d52a8a31a57ed8
Faulting application path: C:\Users\brightflowtech\Downloads\UrBackup Client.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\BRIGHT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsdF034.tmp\liteFirewallW.dll
Report Id: 83792090-e48c-4ee0-bb7b-32f2f30edecf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is not part of the urbackup client, might be part of the NSIS installer that urbackup uses:
https://nsis.sourceforge.io/LiteFirewall_Plugin

Looks like it’s job is to create firewall rules during install. I’d ask the NSIS (Netscape Installer) support group to troubleshoot. Something specific to that machine’s config. If that’s a test machine, wipe and reformat. Lots more work to manually troubleshoot the install.

You could try the msi installer on the problematic machine. That one does use a different method of adding a firewall exception for UrBackup client.

I just tried the msi installer and now I get the following error that is cannot connect to Windows Firewall.

image001.png

I might just reload and start over on this machine.

Thanks,

image001.png